Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I know, I know, resolutions are lame. They're just society's way of setting oneself up for failure. Look at how crowded gyms are for the first 6 weeks of the year, and then they empty again. By Valentine's Day, you get your normal elliptical back, no waiting. I'm as guilty as everyone else of breaking resolutions. I actually stopped making resolutions for a few years, I made "life changes" instead. But they were really just resolutions with a nicer name. I felt like less of a cliche when I didn't fulfill them. But I'm back to making good old fashioned resolutions them and this blog is one of 'em. My life needs some changes and I feel like I can't make them unless I do so in baby steps. One blog post at a time. So what are my resolutions? I have three:

Take more risks
Waste less
Blog

They kind of tie into each other, and I'm hoping that will help me succeed to some degree at all of them. I've been living a somewhat quiet life for a couple years now and I'm itching for a change. I don't feel fulfilled-there's more joy to squeeze out of this existence and I'm going to find it. I'm not one to take risks (unfortunately I'm lazy by nature), so let's step that up a bit. Wasting less applies to everything-money, time, resources, my life! I want to feel like my life has a purpose again (even if it's small and only makes me happy.) I read blogs daily and always say I should start my own but never follow through. I've been to afraid of people judging me and sounding like a fool. Whatevs, I sound like a fool on a daily basis and I'm judged all the time. So there will now be a written record of it. Sounds like progress to me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment